Golf Course Information
The Washington Club was organized in 1903 as an unincorporated association and was incorporated in 1907 under the Laws of the State of Connecticut. Its formal incorporation was effected to enable it to take title to what is now known as the Club Hall, a building which had just been erected. The Club built its original tennis courts shortly thereafter on what is now the site of the Gunnery upper courts. In 1914 the Golf Club was merged with the Washington Club. In 1922 the Washington Club began using the strip of beach at Lake Waramaug, now called Holt Beach.
The Club Hall was designed by Ehrick K. Rossiter and built by Cornelius B. Gold. The cost of construction was met by Mr. Gold, Mr. Rossiter, Dr. William J. Ford, Mr. John C. Brinsmade, and Mr. Edward H. VanIngen, by placing a $7,500 mortgage on the property. This property was deeded to the Washington Club in 1907 with the Club assuming the mortgage. In 1990, the Club Hall underwent a major $300,000 renovation. This included removing the original performance stage used previously by the Dramalites Theater Group. A professional kitchen was installed and restrooms built on the main level. Club Hall is now one of the finest facilities for special events in the Washington area.
Green Fees and Rates
Please call 860-868-0166 for current rates.
Green Fees and RatesCall 860-868-0166 for rates and tee times.
Tee Times & Reservations
ReservationsCall 860-868-0166 For Reservation Policy
Golf Course Amenities
Pro On Site:
Homes On Course:
200, 150, 100 Yard Markers
Contact Washington Golf Club at 860-868-0166 for more information and details on holding a golf outing at the course.
Contact Washington Golf Club at 860-868-0166.
Restaurant and Dining Options:Contact Washington Golf Club at 860-868-0166 for onsite or nearby dining options.
Mobile Apps - Yardage, GPS, Scorecard
This profile was last updated on 06/12/2013 and has been viewed 2,748 times.